Dr. Pius Odubu is the former Deputy governor of Edo state. Dr Pius Egberamwen Odubu was appointed as the Chairman of the 16-man Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
The NDDC is a federal government agency established in the year 2000 by former President Olusegun Obasanjo with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of the federation.
Some of the major functions of the NDDC includes the formulation of policies and guidelines for the development of the Niger Delta area.
Other functions include conception, planning and implementation in accordance with the set rules and regulations of projects and programs for sustainable development of Niger delta.
Dr. Pius Odubu Profile
1. Rt. Hon. (Dr) Pius Egberanmwen Odubu (B.L) is 62 years old, born on July 13, 1957 and is happily married with four children.
2. He is a former Deputy Governor of Edo State (2012-2016) under the leadership of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the APC.
3. Edo state governorships aspirant in 2016.
3. Dr. Odubu is a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, having been called to the bar in October 1986.
4. He hails from Urhomehe in Urhonigbe North Ward, Orhionmwon Local Governrnent Area of Edo State.
5. He studied in USA @
1. Philandersmith College, Little Rock Arkansas
2. Southern University, Baton Rouge Louisiana
3. Southern University school of Law, Baton Rouge Louisiana
4. Georgetown University Law Centre, Washington D.C.
6. He holds a B.A. (Hons) in Political Science, Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree in Law, Master of Law in International and Comparative Law.
7. Dr. Odubu is a recipient of several Honour and scholarship awards among which are:
1. National Dean’s List (U.S.A)
2. Member – Who is Who in American Universities
College Marshal (Best Student) – College of Arts and humanities, Southern University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, U.S.A. May, 1980.;
3. Member – Board of Editors: Southern University Law Review. The first non-American to hold the said position.
4. Member, Southern University School of Law Moot Court Board – The first non-American to belong to Same.
5. First non American to be Managing Editor, Southern University Law Review.
6. Certificate of Award and Merit from the Southern University School of Law Court Board;
7. Certificate of Academic Excellence from Southern University;
8. Academic Scholarship for all three years of the Juris Doctorate Programme;
9. Representative of Southern University Law School at the National Conference of Law Review in California, U.S.A., and;
10. Certificate of honour from the Federal House of Representatives, Abuja.
8. He was a member of the House of Representatives (1999-2007) and represented Orhionmwon/Uhumwode Federal Constituency of Edo State.
Pius Odubu First Tenure
2. Federal Capital Territory and
Dr. Odubu Second Tenure
(b) Marine Transport
(e) Anti-Corruption and
(f) Public Account.
(G) Deputy Chairman (commerce committee).
9. He was the only member of the National Assembly from Edo State who was a member of the Appropriation Committee between the year 1999 – 2003.
Some of Dr. Odubu Achievements
Dr Pius Odubu have contributed immensely to the society in many ways. Some of his numerous contributions are;
The provision of fund for the expeditious execution of:
1. Benin Bye-Pass
2. Benin-Onitsha Road Dualization and
3. Benin-Warri Road, Dualization projects.
Other projects include;
1. Abudu Erosion Control Project
2. Urhonigbe Erosion Control Project
3. Federal Comprehensive Health Care Centre at Urhomehe
4. Construction of Primary School Building at Urhomehe
5. Federal Borehole at Urhomehe
6. Rehabilitation of Benin-Abraka-Agbor-Sokponba-Ugharefe Road.
7. Electricity to several communities
8. Giving employment to several persons from his Federal Constituency
9. Provision of financial assistance to law students at the Nigeria law school, Abuja who are from his Federal Constituency, and;
10. Borehole in several communities.
Honorable Pius Odubu is looking forward to secure the All Progressive Congress (APC) governorship ticket for Edo 2020 election along party members like MR Chris Ogiemwonyi, Gen Charles Airiavbere and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.